Friday, December 5, 2014

#Google #Docs - #Google #Everything -- My Internet / Computer Future -- I think #Google Can Do It along with some Other Brands (Rant)!


The computer geek in me appears ...3, 2, 1....now!


What Else Do You Need?  'What Else Do I Need?'


I've tried them all...or at least a lot of them, to include soft, hard and firmware.  Started out with #Microsoft, but never quite fell in love with #Internet #Explorer even though I think Microsoft is making a lot of headway in improving their product offerings and listening to the public, however the system is still slow, locks up too much, and konks out (just when they come out with a new distro). Now, if you want to let people know that their packages are only good for 1-2 years, that is fine, just say so.  I can say for sure that I am not happy when I purchase #software, #firmware or #hardware that I expect to get years of usage from when the sellers already know it is designed to only last for a few months.  I still depend on Microsoft despite the fact that Bill is accused of not so nice things, and consider everything else I've tried as a second best alternate.


#Puppy #Linux is fast, but confines you only to their applications unless you are almost a computer programmer yourself.  Many people I know would not know how to load it, let alone use the command lines to download and install new software.  It runs out of file space unless you don't save at all or have multiple gigs of file space available.  In any case,  I ALWAYS have a Puppy flash in my stash, if for nothing else than to get on the internet and get help!

Ubuntu and it's derivatives are imperfect, but they are free and I have used them for a while.  My frustration is when you want to install Wine and you're told you have 20 other dependencies that require 14 gigs of space on your 20 gig drive that only has 13 gigs left?????!!!!!???  They have a good idea of the apps we want, but they are too piecemeal, all spread out, hard to program, not consistent or intuitive, and given names so that you don't know what you're getting unless you created the program.  I've paid for the unfree and found it to be just as imperfect as the free.  I have found out that there is a major time #opportunity #cost for free.  Can you guess my major?

#Virtual #Drives are a virtual lie because if you don't have some 'real' drive to back it up you may as well just hang it up.  Virtual space is not virtual, however the name is a great marketing gimmick.

Many of you know that I'm big on music production so my files are huge and cumbersome.  For each song, I may have an AIFF, WAV and MP3 as well as a lyric doc.  I have to record and mix using one DAW and master with another.  Most new operating systems either can't run the software or are so bugged out that you spend more time reloading hard drives and redoing flash drives that it becomes ridiculous.  You spend as many days on maintenance as you do working!  It's amazing to me that people go to college for this and the systems and hardware are so imperfect.  I won't name names, but if you put a hard drive with a computer brand, they ought to work together for more than 3 months without needing a fix that does not even work......anyhoo, how can you install the fix, if your computer is down and the software you are running on the computer won't read the fix file!!!!????????!!!.

What do I Want


The #Operating #System that puts me in a State of Nirvana
I want an #OS that works on any #hard #drive (new or old) with a reasonable amount of #ram (1-2 gigs) and at least 10 #gigs of #flash OR hard space.  When I turn my #computer on I want to be immediately connected to an intuitive and #user-friendly #internet #interface / #dashboard (on which I can change themes depending on my mood) from which I can choose to search the web, work on a spreadsheets, work on documents, shop, edit photos, watch videos, go to social media go to my fave programs or work on the cloud.  I will say I do like Google Docs.  I haven't tried it extensively so that's all I can say for now.  I want the main office apps to be compatible with everything from Word, Abiword, CAD Excel, PDF, KANOOKAZOO, etc.  (I made that last one up LOL).  I want it to be #FREE because I don't mind ads as long as they are not pop ups.  People who don't like ads can pay.

#Privacy / #Security
I want to be able to safely and privately load my personal frequent #programs to the #FREE #cloud as #apps so that they run better than they would on my hard drive -- without having to be a computer programmer.  This includes huge programs like DAWs. I also want access to apps without having to give the provider my name, driver's license number, social security number, grandmother's gravesite address, access to my camera, my location at all times.....WTFWTFWTFWTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want flawless VOIP or better, as well as remote access for companies so that we can ALL work from home!  I want other people that I #Skype, #Hangout, or #Pigeon with to easily connect with me even with different VOIP apps than mine!

Did I mention more privacy?  Not privacy to commit crimes, but privacy from people who have nothing to do  (real or perceived) with what I'm doing.  I want to ensure that #government does not try to control me or use social media as a secondary census tool.  Government people must remember they are people such as myself and I by no means consider myself to be 'common.' If you are not an approved friend, get the fuck off my social media page and stop coming up with bogus reasons to stalk.  By approved friend, I do not mean when I checked okay to Terms and Conditions.  Spend our tax dollars and your time on real criminals....not harassing US citizens who were in #America before you were.  Also, don't harass other nations and we will be safer.

A Working System - Doggone It!
I want a fluid, flawless system that is NOT quirky, backed by the most powerful servers in the industry, and not prone to weather fluctuations or power outages. Hook up the solar panel with diamond plated, titanium wire please.  The right people CAN build systems that last...they may not be college-educated, but you need to get over that because college is HIGHLY overrated.  If government wants to spend time on something, it should be ensuring companies are not distributing compromised software just to continue to get our dollars and get richer.  Yes, this benefits government with regard to people continuing to be taxed, but why do you have to hurt our pockets, unnecessarily, just to get richer (unless you're counting me in ;)?

Search Engine Developers PLEEZE do not direct my access and searches to what you think I want based on past searches.  Don't limit me or put me in a box!  Sometimes I may search the mind and tactics of Hitler and then other times I just want a good hot chocolate recipe!!!!

Lastly, I want to know that the people who work on these cloud systems are paid so well, that they can retire before they burn out and they have an incentive to do their best and dream about this shit at night without feeling resentful.

Yes.  This is how damn important the internet and my computers are to me.

Before Computers and Internet


I was really miserable.  I'd cry to my mom about how miserable I was so I thought a man would help.  NOPE, didn't work!

I wasn't in a position to pay for internet so I started out with Netzero with 30 minutes of free internet per month.  I don't know how I survived, but I did....barely.  I have kept my Netzero disk as a momento and will probably have it framed.  Thank you sirs for providing internet to the less fortunate.  I could at least put up a resume on the job boards.

Now I have fast dsl internet and back up internet because once the window to the world is closed (my computer screen), I can't handle it. It's weird, I know.  I have back up #dial-up #software, #modems, #networking hardware, and even have my wittle cell phone ready to act as a #hub if I need her!

What I love about the Internet

I love that I am not limited to what CNN and Fox want to report.  We get it raw from the people!  #Twitter I love you -- please don't sell out!!!!!

I love that people are smart enough to constantly get around imposed limitations.

I love that I get to meet wonderful people all over the world that I would otherwise not know about.

I love hearing from the locals and seeing their pics, parties and funny home vids.

I love #YouTube, though not as much as I use to because I am busy creating my own content now.  Google you know doggone well you need to pay YouTube providers more for their content.  Stop raking in the dough and paying us pennies!!!!!!

I love #Netflix because I can watch good stuff in bed under the covers on my beloved #Google #tablet for a total of 30 seconds before I fall asleep........ then I can watch another 30 seconds the next night.

I love HBOGo and #Lifetime because they let us watch the good stuff online whenever we want.  Take notes #Bravo because you are very aggravating with your 30 second vid snippets.

I love #AT&T because she is Big Mama who created all of this internet stuff and the lines that hook up to each house.

I love #NASA because when the lines go down on earth, they're up in space...WOO HOO.

#Search Engines and #SEO


We don't need another search engine for the sake of having another search engine so computer semi-wizzes please use your expertise somewhere else.  What we do need is subject-based internet searches so that if you're searching for music group called Wire, you won't get sites that sell spring coils.  The issue is not that there are millions of #websites, the issue is that they are not properly compartmentalized or easily accessed.

People like the #DuckDuckGo search engine, but I think this should be a standard for all search engines and not a specialty.


Quick Shout Outs!!!







#Razer, all I can say is DAMN, I love you?  I can now type in the dark....goth style.  The best #keyboard for #gamers and midnight riders, I mean #writers.








I have sent this little #PNY #flash bitch to hell and back and she returned unsinged!!!!  The other PNY styles are NOT the same as her.















If we shall be saved, then Google can do it.  My #Nexus is a huge part of my life.  We sleep together at night.  She wakes me up, puts me to sleep and entertains me throughout the day.  She is the #informer!










As you have probably guessed, I can be quite hard on stuff and the #Audio-Technica brand has stood the test on my bed, under my bed, in my studio......I drag my baby around everywhere I go like a kid with her blankie.  No better sound man....no better mix......I trust the brand!




Hope this helps!


RT








No comments: